Drop Dead Diva Canceled
BY Sunnivie Brydum
January 16 2013 2:20 PM ET
The series, about a shallow model who dies in a car accident and is reincarnated in the body of a recently deceased, altruistic lawyer, was a ratings hit but was becoming too expensive to produce, according to The Wrap.
The show featured numerous gay and gay-beloved guest stars — including Rosie O'Donnell and Liza Minnelli — and gay-themed plotlines, and costarred queer actress Margaret Cho, along with Brooke Elliott and Jackson Hurst. LGBT members of the crew included out producer Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, as well as lesbian director Jamie Babbit. Drop Dead Diva was also nominated for a 2013 GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Individual Episode in a series without a regular LGBT character, for its "Family Matters" episode.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!