Drop Dead Diva Canceled
BY Sunnivie Brydum
January 16 2013 1:20 PM ET
The series, about a shallow model who dies in a car accident and is reincarnated in the body of a recently deceased, altruistic lawyer, was a ratings hit but was becoming too expensive to produce, according to The Wrap.
The show featured numerous gay and gay-beloved guest stars — including Rosie O'Donnell and Liza Minnelli — and gay-themed plotlines, and costarred queer actress Margaret Cho, along with Brooke Elliott and Jackson Hurst. LGBT members of the crew included out producer Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, as well as lesbian director Jamie Babbit. Drop Dead Diva was also nominated for a 2013 GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Individual Episode in a series without a regular LGBT character, for its "Family Matters" episode.
- Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts New Anthem Supporting LGBT Russians
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 1 hour 4 min ago
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study December 12 2013 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians December 12 2013 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson December 12 2013 6:03 PM