Drop Dead Diva Canceled
BY Sunnivie Brydum
January 16 2013 2:20 PM ET
The series, about a shallow model who dies in a car accident and is reincarnated in the body of a recently deceased, altruistic lawyer, was a ratings hit but was becoming too expensive to produce, according to The Wrap.
The show featured numerous gay and gay-beloved guest stars — including Rosie O'Donnell and Liza Minnelli — and gay-themed plotlines, and costarred queer actress Margaret Cho, along with Brooke Elliott and Jackson Hurst. LGBT members of the crew included out producer Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, as well as lesbian director Jamie Babbit. Drop Dead Diva was also nominated for a 2013 GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Individual Episode in a series without a regular LGBT character, for its "Family Matters" episode.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'