Drop Dead Diva Canceled
BY Sunnivie Brydum
January 16 2013 2:20 PM ET
The series, about a shallow model who dies in a car accident and is reincarnated in the body of a recently deceased, altruistic lawyer, was a ratings hit but was becoming too expensive to produce, according to The Wrap.
The show featured numerous gay and gay-beloved guest stars — including Rosie O'Donnell and Liza Minnelli — and gay-themed plotlines, and costarred queer actress Margaret Cho, along with Brooke Elliott and Jackson Hurst. LGBT members of the crew included out producer Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, as well as lesbian director Jamie Babbit. Drop Dead Diva was also nominated for a 2013 GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Individual Episode in a series without a regular LGBT character, for its "Family Matters" episode.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Democrats Throw Queers Under The Bus—Again 12 min 7 sec ago
- Transgender Transgender Woman Alleges Discrimination by Bridal Shop 25 min 2 sec ago
- Youth Boy Scouts' Decision Draws Heated Reaction From All Sides 1 hour 8 min ago
- Entertainment News Do You Hear 'Girl Men' or 'Guru Men?' 2 hours 27 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 7:00 AM
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 6:03 AM
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 6:00 AM