First Look: NPH Steps Into Hedwig's Heels
BY Brandon Voss
March 31 2014 12:06 PM ET
Entertainment Weekly has an exclusive first look at Neil Patrick Harris in full Hedwig drag in Broadway's Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
The musical began preview performances Saturday and opens April 22 at the Belasco Theatre with the How I Met Your Mother star playing Hedwig, a fictional East German rock singer living as a female after a botched gender-reassignment operation.
The Out cover boy, who thinks Joseph Gordon-Levitt "would be pretty" as a possible Hedwig replacement, also told Playbill.com that he received some valuable advice on his physical transformation from RuPaul while guest-judging an upcoming episode of RuPaul's Drag Race.
Hedwig producers recently announced a charitable partnership with Hetrick-Martin Institute, "the nation's oldest and largest organization helping gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth to reach their full potential."
For tickets and more information, visit the show's website.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out