NPH Eyes Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Hedwig Replacement
BY Brandon Voss
March 18 2014 2:36 PM ET
Still in rehearsals for the Broadway premiere of Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Neil Patrick Harris already has his eye on an actor who could eventually replace him in the musical as Hedwig, a fictional East German rock singer living as a female after a botched gender-reassignment operation.
"You know who would be pretty? Joseph Gordon-Levitt," he tells Playbill.com. "And he can sing. But maybe I just want to see him dressed in a slip."
The How I Met Your Mother star and Out cover boy also tells Playbill.com that he received some valuable advice on his physical transformation as Hedwig from RuPaul while guest-judging an upcoming episode of RuPaul's Drag Race: "Ru said that I should shave my eyebrows like he does because it saves a lot of time. But to be honest, I was a little tongue-tied around Ru, because she's the godmother of drag. I may reach out to her later for some tucking pointers."
Hedwig and the Angry Inch begins preview performances March 29 and opens April 22 at Broadway's Belasco Theatre.
Read the complete Playbill.com interview here.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- WATCH: CIA Contractor Details Antigay Harassment by Colleagues in War Zone
- Members of Congress to Antigay Nations' Diplomats: Leave Your Spouse Home