Wanda Brown Says Gun Owners More at Risk Than Gays
BY Lucas Grindley
May 04 2012 4:16 PM ET
The quest of one Missouri lawmaker to protect gun owners from an imagined discrimination got the Daily Show treatment Thursday, with legislator Wanda Brown forced to argue against offering the same treatment to gay people.
"How many examples of gun-owner discrimination do you currently know of?" asks reporter Aasif Mandvi.
"I'd rather not get into examples," she filibusters.
"Right, you must have thousands of them. Can you give me a few?"
Watch her squirm in the video below and then see if you can follow Brown's reasoning on why sexual orientation shouldn't be included in her state's antidiscrimination law.
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
- The 'Undetectable' Paradox
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra May 25 2013 6:30 PM
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? May 25 2013 5:53 PM
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash May 25 2013 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings May 25 2013 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak May 25 2013 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 May 25 2013 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' May 25 2013 12:35 PM