Wanda Brown Says Gun Owners More at Risk Than Gays
BY Lucas Grindley
May 04 2012 4:16 PM ET
The quest of one Missouri lawmaker to protect gun owners from an imagined discrimination got the Daily Show treatment Thursday, with legislator Wanda Brown forced to argue against offering the same treatment to gay people.
"How many examples of gun-owner discrimination do you currently know of?" asks reporter Aasif Mandvi.
"I'd rather not get into examples," she filibusters.
"Right, you must have thousands of them. Can you give me a few?"
Watch her squirm in the video below and then see if you can follow Brown's reasoning on why sexual orientation shouldn't be included in her state's antidiscrimination law.
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- Op-ed: How Not to React When an LGBT Teacher Is Fired
- WATCH: Gay of Thrones Episode 2: Joffrey's Quinceañera
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College
- Diego Tolomelli and the Stain of Original Sin