Wanda Brown Says Gun Owners More at Risk Than Gays
BY Lucas Grindley
May 04 2012 4:16 PM ET
The quest of one Missouri lawmaker to protect gun owners from an imagined discrimination got the Daily Show treatment Thursday, with legislator Wanda Brown forced to argue against offering the same treatment to gay people.
"How many examples of gun-owner discrimination do you currently know of?" asks reporter Aasif Mandvi.
"I'd rather not get into examples," she filibusters.
"Right, you must have thousands of them. Can you give me a few?"
Watch her squirm in the video below and then see if you can follow Brown's reasoning on why sexual orientation shouldn't be included in her state's antidiscrimination law.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process to Remain Relevant
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families 1 hour 14 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process 1 hour 58 min ago
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile 2 hours 16 min ago
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered 2 hours 29 min ago
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality 2 hours 49 min ago
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth 6:22 PM
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva 6:15 PM