Wanda Brown Says Gun Owners More at Risk Than Gays
BY Lucas Grindley
May 04 2012 4:16 PM ET
The quest of one Missouri lawmaker to protect gun owners from an imagined discrimination got the Daily Show treatment Thursday, with legislator Wanda Brown forced to argue against offering the same treatment to gay people.
"How many examples of gun-owner discrimination do you currently know of?" asks reporter Aasif Mandvi.
"I'd rather not get into examples," she filibusters.
"Right, you must have thousands of them. Can you give me a few?"
Watch her squirm in the video below and then see if you can follow Brown's reasoning on why sexual orientation shouldn't be included in her state's antidiscrimination law.
- Commentary Op-ed: No One Is Invincible 2 hours 4 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: NOM Can’t Shut Me Down 2 hours 5 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Everything You Need to Know About PrEP 2 hours 9 min ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Can I Transmit HIV Through Oral Sex? 2 hours 20 min ago
- Current Issue Derek Jarman's Alternative to The New Gay Credo 6:01 AM
- Archives From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69 6:00 AM
- Religion Op-Ed: Pope's Legacy Will Be That He's Willing to Listen 4:00 AM