Victoria Jackson: If I Was Raped, I'd Have the Baby
BY Michelle Garcia
August 31 2012 5:58 PM ET
Right-wing darling star Victoria Jackson says that if she were raped, she'd keep the baby because the child "would be a blessing," and that the baby wouldn't have the father's DNA, but that it would have "its own DNA."
Jackson was referring to Rep. Todd Akin, whose comments on banning abortions, even in the case of rape, caused members of his own party to abandon him.
"If I got raped, I would have the baby," she said to The Huffington Post. "And if I didn't want to keep it because I had these [mocking tone] horrible nightmares, I would adopt it out. But I think that God can turn a bad thing into a good thing. And that, if I got raped and a beautiful baby who was innocent was born out of it, that would be a blessing. The DNA of a baby is individual. It's not the mother's DNA. It's not the father's DNA. And that's why I believe abortion is murder, because it's not the woman's body. It has it's own DNA. If there's a boy baby inside of me, he has a penis. That's not my body."
She was speaking to The Huffington Post because it had published a blog post in which a former friend of Jackson's said he could no longer be associated with her because of her views on homosexuality. Jackson countered that people should not identify themselves by their sex life.
"My best friends who are gay, I've actually never seen them with a boyfriend," she said. "It's like — we've never talked about sex. I don't think people should identify themselves by their sexual life. My identity is in Christ."
Jackson was known for her acting tenure on Saturday Night Live but has since become infamous for far-right political views and antigay comments.
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- WATCH: Gay Marine Proposes to Boyfriend
- WATCH: Trans Woman Attacked in Hollywood Hate Crime Speaks Out, Cops Offer Reward
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Florida Group Aims to Build Marriage Equality Support 15 min 34 sec ago
- Women WATCH: The L Word's Kate Moennig in Ray Donovan Series Premiere 18 min 58 sec ago
- Crime WATCH: Trans Woman Attacked in Hollywood Hate Crime Speaks Out 41 min 59 sec ago
- Politics This Man Wants to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu' 56 min 33 sec ago
- Music WATCH: 'Guess What?' Cazwell's New Video Is Hot! 1 hour 3 min ago
- Entertainment News Watch: Fox News' Most Anti-Trans Comments 1 hour 3 min ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Krave Massive Nightclub Opens in Las Vegas 1 hour 16 min ago