Victoria Jackson: If I Was Raped, I'd Have the Baby
BY Michelle Garcia
August 31 2012 5:58 PM ET
Right-wing darling star Victoria Jackson says that if she were raped, she'd keep the baby because the child "would be a blessing," and that the baby wouldn't have the father's DNA, but that it would have "its own DNA."
Jackson was referring to Rep. Todd Akin, whose comments on banning abortions, even in the case of rape, caused members of his own party to abandon him.
"If I got raped, I would have the baby," she said to The Huffington Post. "And if I didn't want to keep it because I had these [mocking tone] horrible nightmares, I would adopt it out. But I think that God can turn a bad thing into a good thing. And that, if I got raped and a beautiful baby who was innocent was born out of it, that would be a blessing. The DNA of a baby is individual. It's not the mother's DNA. It's not the father's DNA. And that's why I believe abortion is murder, because it's not the woman's body. It has it's own DNA. If there's a boy baby inside of me, he has a penis. That's not my body."
She was speaking to The Huffington Post because it had published a blog post in which a former friend of Jackson's said he could no longer be associated with her because of her views on homosexuality. Jackson countered that people should not identify themselves by their sex life.
"My best friends who are gay, I've actually never seen them with a boyfriend," she said. "It's like — we've never talked about sex. I don't think people should identify themselves by their sexual life. My identity is in Christ."
Jackson was known for her acting tenure on Saturday Night Live but has since become infamous for far-right political views and antigay comments.
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other 1 hour 3 min ago
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 1 hour 39 min ago
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs 1 hour 41 min ago
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame 2 hours 8 min ago
- Entertainment News Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced To Jail 2 hours 39 min ago
- Politicians President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech 4:59 PM
- Entertainment News Should Brazil Legalize 'Conversion' Therapy? 3:42 PM