WATCH: Comedy Writer to 49ers: No More Mr. Nice Gay
BY Trudy Ring
February 08 2013 7:42 PM ET
Guy Branum, a writer for FX’s late-night talk show Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell, has something to say to the homophobic or simply ignorant members of the San Francisco 49ers: It’s no more Mr. Nice Gay.
In Thursday’s broadcast, Branum cited Chris Culliver’s antigay comments and two other 49ers’ denial that they were in an It Gets Better video, saying they “let me know, as a gay man, that I am not welcome as a fan.”
Discussing the 49ers’ Super Bowl loss to the Baltimore Ravens last Sunday, Branum said, “Hey, Chris Culliver, maybe you should worry less about who gets behind me on Saturday night and worry a little more about Jacoby Jones getting behind you on Sunday night, then catching a pass, then scoring a touchdown.”
He also noted that the 49ers play “for the gayest city in America,” which is “on a peninsula shaped like a penis” and has a city flag with an image “of a lesbian deciding whether to go to graduate school.” Anyone who wants to play in San Francisco, he said, must “embrace the values of diversity, inclusion, and watching men in fetish harnesses discuss Downton Abbey spoilers.” Watch the segment below.
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- Italy: Restaurant Fires Server for Printing Antigay Slur on Check
- WATCH: Men Claim Mailman Won't Deliver Because They're Gay