WATCH: Jon Stewart Slays Louie Gohmert's 'Plumbing Lesson' Remark
BY Jami Smith
January 17 2014 4:43 PM ET
Jon Stewart had trouble celebrating marriage equality in Utah and Oklahoma on his show Thursday night because the Utah governor is still fighting the Supreme Court ruling.
"Here come the brides, but only for federal tax purposes. Otherwise, it's just Sharon and her roommate," quipped the Daily Show host.
Stewart also brilliantly shut down Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert's argument that pro-equality judges needed "plumbing lessons" because they didn't find "biological evidence to support marriage being between a man and a woman."
Luckily, Stewart is a much better plumber than Gohmert and offered him a lesson. Get schooled below:
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks