WATCH: Jon Stewart Slays Louie Gohmert's 'Plumbing Lesson' Remark
BY Jami Smith
January 17 2014 4:43 PM ET
Jon Stewart had trouble celebrating marriage equality in Utah and Oklahoma on his show Thursday night because the Utah governor is still fighting the Supreme Court ruling.
"Here come the brides, but only for federal tax purposes. Otherwise, it's just Sharon and her roommate," quipped the Daily Show host.
Stewart also brilliantly shut down Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert's argument that pro-equality judges needed "plumbing lessons" because they didn't find "biological evidence to support marriage being between a man and a woman."
Luckily, Stewart is a much better plumber than Gohmert and offered him a lesson. Get schooled below:
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel