WATCH: Jon Stewart Slays Louie Gohmert's 'Plumbing Lesson' Remark
BY Jami Smith
January 17 2014 3:43 PM ET
Jon Stewart had trouble celebrating marriage equality in Utah and Oklahoma on his show Thursday night because the Utah governor is still fighting the Supreme Court ruling.
"Here come the brides, but only for federal tax purposes. Otherwise, it's just Sharon and her roommate," quipped the Daily Show host.
Stewart also brilliantly shut down Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert's argument that pro-equality judges needed "plumbing lessons" because they didn't find "biological evidence to support marriage being between a man and a woman."
Luckily, Stewart is a much better plumber than Gohmert and offered him a lesson. Get schooled below:
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Vladimir Putin
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship