WATCH: Jon Stewart Slays Louie Gohmert's 'Plumbing Lesson' Remark
BY Jami Smith
January 17 2014 4:43 PM ET
Jon Stewart had trouble celebrating marriage equality in Utah and Oklahoma on his show Thursday night because the Utah governor is still fighting the Supreme Court ruling.
"Here come the brides, but only for federal tax purposes. Otherwise, it's just Sharon and her roommate," quipped the Daily Show host.
Stewart also brilliantly shut down Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert's argument that pro-equality judges needed "plumbing lessons" because they didn't find "biological evidence to support marriage being between a man and a woman."
Luckily, Stewart is a much better plumber than Gohmert and offered him a lesson. Get schooled below:
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Hot Sheet: Openly Serving, Openly Loving
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs