WATCH: Jon Stewart Doesn't Think Arizona Has Many Redeeming Qualities
BY Jami Smith
February 27 2014 6:32 PM ET
The antigay bill that Gov. Jan Brewer took so long to veto should've been a "slam dunk," says The Daily Show's Jon Stewart.
With Arizona's track record of terrible laws piling up, Stewart reminded the state that it would be a "nuclear waste dump" if it didn't also offer agreeable weather conditions for people who like golf.
Stewart slammed Brewer for taking so long to veto the bill when other conservative lawmakers had already begun backtracking on the legislation.
Even the NFL spoke out against the bill and threatened to move the 2015 Super Bowl out of Arizona. "This is where you are now, Arizona," Stewart said. "You've made yourselves too homophobic and dickish for professional football."
Watch the full segment (broken up into two clips, unfortunately) below:
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'