WATCH: Jon Stewart Doesn't Think Arizona Has Many Redeeming Qualities
BY Jami Smith
February 27 2014 6:32 PM ET
The antigay bill that Gov. Jan Brewer took so long to veto should've been a "slam dunk," says The Daily Show's Jon Stewart.
With Arizona's track record of terrible laws piling up, Stewart reminded the state that it would be a "nuclear waste dump" if it didn't also offer agreeable weather conditions for people who like golf.
Stewart slammed Brewer for taking so long to veto the bill when other conservative lawmakers had already begun backtracking on the legislation.
Even the NFL spoke out against the bill and threatened to move the 2015 Super Bowl out of Arizona. "This is where you are now, Arizona," Stewart said. "You've made yourselves too homophobic and dickish for professional football."
Watch the full segment (broken up into two clips, unfortunately) below:
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet