WATCH: Jon Stewart Doesn't Think Arizona Has Many Redeeming Qualities
BY Jami Smith
February 27 2014 6:32 PM ET
The antigay bill that Gov. Jan Brewer took so long to veto should've been a "slam dunk," says The Daily Show's Jon Stewart.
With Arizona's track record of terrible laws piling up, Stewart reminded the state that it would be a "nuclear waste dump" if it didn't also offer agreeable weather conditions for people who like golf.
Stewart slammed Brewer for taking so long to veto the bill when other conservative lawmakers had already begun backtracking on the legislation.
Even the NFL spoke out against the bill and threatened to move the 2015 Super Bowl out of Arizona. "This is where you are now, Arizona," Stewart said. "You've made yourselves too homophobic and dickish for professional football."
Watch the full segment (broken up into two clips, unfortunately) below:
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Ireland Votes Yes, Becomes First Nation in World to Approve Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled