Op-ed: Scalia Too Biased to Judge Marriage Cases
BY Jim Morrison
December 27 2012 2:48 PM ET
George Takei is kind of a hero of mine. Yes, I’m a total Star Trek geek. But’s it not because of his role as Hikaru Sulu. It’s because of his tireless LGBT activism and, most recently, his call for Justice Scalia to recuse himself from the DOMA and Prop 8 cases the Supreme Court recently decided to take.
§ 455. Disqualification of justice, judge, or magistrate judge(a) Any justice, judge, or magistrate judge of the United States shall disqualify himself in any proceeding in which his impartiality might reasonably be questioned.(b) He shall also disqualify himself in the following circumstances:(1) Where he has a personal bias or prejudice concerning a party…
JIM MORRISON is the host of Here! TV's For and Against.
- Obama Cracks Marriage Equality Jokes at White House Correspondent's Dinner
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- Bruce Jenner's Republican Revelation Draws Anger, Praise
- WATCH: Preview of Tomorrow's Supreme Court Argument
- The Advocate's News Editor on Bruce Jenner, Her Own Transition