Op-ed: Scalia Too Biased to Judge Marriage Cases
BY Jim Morrison
December 27 2012 1:48 PM ET
George Takei is kind of a hero of mine. Yes, I’m a total Star Trek geek. But’s it not because of his role as Hikaru Sulu. It’s because of his tireless LGBT activism and, most recently, his call for Justice Scalia to recuse himself from the DOMA and Prop 8 cases the Supreme Court recently decided to take.
§ 455. Disqualification of justice, judge, or magistrate judge(a) Any justice, judge, or magistrate judge of the United States shall disqualify himself in any proceeding in which his impartiality might reasonably be questioned.(b) He shall also disqualify himself in the following circumstances:(1) Where he has a personal bias or prejudice concerning a party…
JIM MORRISON is the host of Here! TV's For and Against.
- Women Kim Basinger is Sleek and Sexy in Pin-Striped Men's Suit 2 hours 5 min ago
- Women Op-ed: The Right's War on Christmas - The 2013 Edition! 2 hours 49 min ago
- Entertainment News Ian McKellen Surprised Hobbit Fans At Desolation of Smaug Screening 7:07 PM
- Travel Sia Wants You to Help the Street Animals of India 5:23 PM
- Media BBC to Air Buffy The Vampire Slayer Retrospective 4:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Julia Roberts Is the Caboose in an Ellen DeGeneres Conga Line! 4:49 PM
- Sports Chicago Gay Hockey Association Wins at Celebrating Christmas 4:19 PM