Two Men Dead in Murder-Suicide
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
April 19 2012 1:50 PM ET
Two New York men are dead in what police say is a murder-suicide. According to The New York Times, Jason Lopez, 22, shot and killed Tory Curtis, 23, before turning the gun on himself in their Brooklyn apartment.
Barry Paddock of the New York Daily News reported that the killing involved a gay love triangle gone awry, that Lopez found Curtis with another man and shot and killed him in a jealous rage. Curtis's mother, however, told reporters her son was not gay.
According to both newspapers, neighbors saw a man fleeing the building, frantically screaming, "Help, help!" and some version of "he killed my best friend." Witnesses told reporters that man, who is unnamed in police reports, was shoeless, sobbing, and allegedly said he had been locked in a closet.
A barber identified only as Rosendo R. from the Rafael Barber Shop told the Times that a day before the murder, Curtis, one of his regulars, was arguing in the street with a man he called his roommate. Rosendo R. said, “He told me he was kicking out his roommate, his best friend."
Police have not released an official statement about the crime yet.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels 4 min 15 sec ago
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' 33 min 32 sec ago
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student 1 hour 56 sec ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship 1 hour 10 min ago
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked 1 hour 26 min ago
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition 1 hour 59 min ago
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder 2 hours 31 min ago