Lesbians Say They Were Attacked by Neighborhood Kids
BY Lucas Grindley
August 02 2012 5:09 PM ET
A lesbian couple in Missouri say three neighborhood kids showed up on their porch, then dragged one of them out of the home for a vicious beating because she's gay.
Jeana Terry and Lisa Lange told the Southeast Missourian that they were asleep in their living room when they awoke to their 16-year-old neighbor shouting antigay slurs at them through the window. The couple say they ordered the girl and a posse of her friends off the porch. Then when Terry opened the door to confront them, she was dragged outside and beaten.
"Once I was down, it was pure chaos," Terry told the Southeast Missourian.
Lange called police and then headed outside to protect Terry. When police arrived, they arrested the three young people, who live across the street from the couple. The 16-year-old girl could face burglary and hate-crime charges. Her younger sister, 13, and brother, 11, pleaded guilty to trespassing and second-degree assault.
Read the complete account at the Southeast Missourian.
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 2 hours 38 min ago
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM