Lesbians Say They Were Attacked by Neighborhood Kids
BY Lucas Grindley
August 02 2012 6:09 PM ET
A lesbian couple in Missouri say three neighborhood kids showed up on their porch, then dragged one of them out of the home for a vicious beating because she's gay.
Jeana Terry and Lisa Lange told the Southeast Missourian that they were asleep in their living room when they awoke to their 16-year-old neighbor shouting antigay slurs at them through the window. The couple say they ordered the girl and a posse of her friends off the porch. Then when Terry opened the door to confront them, she was dragged outside and beaten.
"Once I was down, it was pure chaos," Terry told the Southeast Missourian.
Lange called police and then headed outside to protect Terry. When police arrived, they arrested the three young people, who live across the street from the couple. The 16-year-old girl could face burglary and hate-crime charges. Her younger sister, 13, and brother, 11, pleaded guilty to trespassing and second-degree assault.
Read the complete account at the Southeast Missourian.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM
- Style WATCH: Nasty Pig Meets Naughty Dog May 17 2013 7:00 PM
- Sports UFC Comes Down Hard on Homophobic Wrestler May 17 2013 6:49 PM