FRC Shooting Suspect May Have Had Plans for Second Conservative Shooting
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 18 2012 2:59 PM ET
The man who shot a Family Research Council security guard last Wednesday may have planned to open fire on another Christian conservative organization, reports Huffington Post.
Traditional Values Coalition President Andrea Lafferty says she was informed by FBI officials on Wednesday that a note found in the pocket of Floyd Lee Corkins, II, contained the contact information for her group. Lafferty says she was "stunned" the next day, when members of the Joint Terrorism Task Force stopped at her Capital Hill office and confirmed that "our information was in his pocket," including the location of the group's offices.
Corkins, a 28-year-old LGBT center volunteer who allegedly shot and wounded a security guard at the Family Research Council in Washington, D.C. last Wednesday, was charged with federal and District of Columbia offenses Thursday and is being held without bond.
According to Huffington Post, the parents of Corkins have revealed he "strongly supported gay rights, had a backpack full of Chick-fil-A sandwiches, and a box of ammunition when he said words to the effect of 'I don't like your politics,' and shot a security guard." It hasn't yet been determined why Corkins was carrying the sandwiches.
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' in Obamacare
- Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny
- New Mexico Supreme Court Declares Statewide Marriage Equality
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- Entertainment News WATCH: Ellen DeGeneres' First Trailer for the Oscars December 19 2013 11:06 PM
- Travel Futuristic Vegas Nightclub Goes Gay December 19 2013 8:42 PM
- Obituaries Washington Marriage Equality Opponent Dies December 19 2013 8:10 PM
- Film Paul Rudd Set to Star in Marvel Comics Ant-Man Film December 19 2013 7:08 PM
- Entertainment News Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out December 19 2013 6:36 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Hotel Chain December 19 2013 6:33 PM
- People Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny December 19 2013 6:18 PM