Man Arrested for Vandalizing Churches With Gay Jesus Posters
BY Michelle Garcia
September 29 2012 12:15 PM ET
A man in Buffalo, Minn., was arrested for vandalizing at least six churches last weekend, some with messages starting that Jesus was gay.
Wade Murray confessed to vandalizing the churches after being arrested because he said he believes God wants him to "hurt people," CBS News reports. Police said they believe he acted alone.
Murray caused more than $7,500 worth of damage, by throwing rocks through glass windows and doors. He also posted handwritten posters containing messages insinuating that Jesus was gay.
It was initially believed that Murray's actions were tied to the upcoming marriage amendment vote, since all of the churches involved were in support of banning marriage equality, but police told CBS News that there don't seem to be any political motivations for the vandalism.
- Media Report: A&E CEO Suspended Robertson for Sake of Gay Employees 37 min 32 sec ago
- Media Should PR Exec Be Fired for AIDS Tweet? 3:03 PM
- Media VIDEO: Duck Dynasty Star Says Gay People are Evil Murderers 2:25 PM
- Business Lockheed Martin Cuts Off Money to Antigay Boy Scouts 1:10 PM
- Transgender LGBT Activist Goes Missing, Community Rallies 12:08 PM
- Transgender New Jersey Senate Passes Transgender Birth Certificate Bill 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Best of Art, 2013 5:00 AM