Man Arrested for Vandalizing Churches With Gay Jesus Posters
BY Michelle Garcia
September 29 2012 1:15 PM ET
A man in Buffalo, Minn., was arrested for vandalizing at least six churches last weekend, some with messages starting that Jesus was gay.
Wade Murray confessed to vandalizing the churches after being arrested because he said he believes God wants him to "hurt people," CBS News reports. Police said they believe he acted alone.
Murray caused more than $7,500 worth of damage, by throwing rocks through glass windows and doors. He also posted handwritten posters containing messages insinuating that Jesus was gay.
It was initially believed that Murray's actions were tied to the upcoming marriage amendment vote, since all of the churches involved were in support of banning marriage equality, but police told CBS News that there don't seem to be any political motivations for the vandalism.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM
- Style WATCH: Nasty Pig Meets Naughty Dog May 17 2013 7:00 PM