In Texas, Same-Sex Couple's Neighbors Paint Over Antigay Graffiti
BY Neal Broverman
March 04 2013 1:04 PM ET
A couple in suburban Fort Worth, Texas, were hit with two acts of cruelty recently; they were denied use of a wedding hall because they're gay, and then after their story was featured on the local news, their fence was tagged with homophobic graffiti. But their neighbors have stepped in to paint over the nasty messages.
Neighbors of Ben Allen and Justin Hudgins pitched in this weekend, utilizing grown-ups and kids to paint over the hateful graffiti, reports WFAA. Officials are investigating the graffiti as a hate crime.
- Mean Girls Actor Daniel Franzese Comes Out
- WATCH: Navy Baseball Players Sing 'Brozen'
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Highlights 'Confusion' in U.S. on LGBT Issues
- WATCH: Cokie Roberts Stands Up to Antigay Religious Activists
- WATCH: Picking Up Random Strangers Of The Same Sex
- Students Advised Not to Tell on Bullies