In Texas, Same-Sex Couple's Neighbors Paint Over Antigay Graffiti
BY Neal Broverman
March 04 2013 1:04 PM ET
A couple in suburban Fort Worth, Texas, were hit with two acts of cruelty recently; they were denied use of a wedding hall because they're gay, and then after their story was featured on the local news, their fence was tagged with homophobic graffiti. But their neighbors have stepped in to paint over the nasty messages.
Neighbors of Ben Allen and Justin Hudgins pitched in this weekend, utilizing grown-ups and kids to paint over the hateful graffiti, reports WFAA. Officials are investigating the graffiti as a hate crime.
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality
- Kentucky County Clerk Sued Over Denial of Marriage Licenses
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation