Autopsy Report: Suspect Admitted Killing Miss. Mayoral Hopeful
BY Trudy Ring
May 04 2013 11:30 AM ET
An autopsy report on the death of a gay Mississippi politician says he died from lack of oxygen and that the man charged with his murder admitted to killing him.
Clarksdale mayoral hopeful Marco McMillian “died from a lack of oxygen, but exactly what caused that could not be determined,” the Associated Press reports today. The document from state medical examiner Mark LeVaughn was dated Wednesday.
“Additional autopsy findings that most likely contributed to his death are multiple areas of blunt force trauma to the head that are consistent with a beating,” LeVaughn wrote. He also said suspect Lawrence Reed “admitted to killing” McMillian and leaving his body near a Mississippi River levee.
McMillian’s body was found February 27, a day after Reed crashed the candidate’s SUV. The medical examiner’s report also notes there were abrasions, lacerations, and burns on McMillian’s body. Read more here.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 36 min 32 sec ago
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 37 min 20 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark December 11 2013 7:01 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker December 11 2013 6:45 PM