WATCH: United Nations Launches Bollywood-Inspired LGBT Equality Campaign
BY Jase Peeples
April 30 2014 1:56 PM ET
The United Nations Human Rights Office has produced a new Bollywood-themed music video promoting LGBT equality around the world.
Featuring the vocal talents of Bollywood actress Celina Jaitly and the smooth moves of Slumdog Millionaire choreographer Longi, the colorful clip, titled “The Welcome,” tells the story of a young man who introduces his boyfriend to his family in India for the first time.
The video is a part of the U.N. Free & Equal campaign, an effort to battle homophobia and challenge stereotypes of LGBT people in every corner of the globe.
“The Welcome” is being promoted in India on both the Web and television, with video’s soundtrack being played on radio as well. “It's all about getting conversations going,” said Jaitly, who is also a U.N. equality champion, at a press conference launching the video today, reports The Huffington Post. “If you can get people talking about these issues, the battle is already half-won.”
Watch “The Welcome” below, and for more information about the U.N. Free & Equal campaign, visit www.unfe.org.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- San Francisco Mourns Death of Legendary Drag Performer
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- Britney Spears Heartfelt Letter to Once Suicidal Gay Fan