GOProud 2012 Agenda Includes Repealing Healthcare Law
BY Neal Broverman
March 17 2012 8:55 PM ET
This week, the gay Republican organization GOProud revealed its 2012 agenda and it includes typical GOP stances like lowering taxes, but it also supports fighting against foreign antigay regimes.
The agenda includes 10 main points, from social security to tax reform. Regarding taxes, the groups supports "replacing the current tax code with the Fair Tax. The Fair Tax would treat everyone – gay or straight – equally. Until then, we support death tax repeal; domestic partner tax equity; cuts in the capital gains and corporate tax rates to jump start our economy and create jobs; a fairer, flatter and substantially simpler tax code."
GOProud is clearly no fan of President Obama's landmark healthcare reform bill. The group supports repeal of "Obamacare," and hopes to "encourage free market healthcare reform" that allows "the purchase of insurance across state lines – expanding access to domestic partner benefits."
Another goal for the Republican group is fighting global extremists who refuse to recognize the rights of women, religious minorities, and LGBT people. Read more about GOProud's agenda here.
- Panic! at the Disco Counters Westboro Baptist Church Picket With Donation
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Shocking Increase in HIV Diagnosis Rate Among Young Gay, Bi Men
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Fox Pundit: Obama Forcing 'Militant LGBT Agenda' on Christians
- GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index Reveals Lack of LGBT Visibility