6 HIV/AIDS Charities That Donald Trump Could Send a Check
BY Michelle Garcia
October 25 2012 1:25 AM ET
Donald Trump Wednesday unveiled his so-called earth-shattering announcement that was supposed to derail the Obama campaign. In dramatic fashion, the billionaire proposed donating $5 million to a charity of President Obama's choice on the condition that he release his college applications, transcripts, and passport history.
That $5 million bounty would be a lot for The Donald, given that he isn't known for his charitable giving (if that's how one describes this arrangement). The Smoking Gun points out that Trump's foundation has given away $7.7 million during the last 21 years.
Still, Trump had a few suggestions in his video announcement for Obama on how the bounty money could be directed to a list of causes, including AIDS research. Trump's hit NBC show The Celebrity Apprentice has made Trump a lot of money and meanwhile raised millions of dollars over its five seasons for charity, including several thousand dollars for HIV/AIDS charities and organizations. Based on that, we have a few suggestions for potential recipients of that hard-won $5 million check.
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- 12 Quotes Proving Harvey Milk Still Gives Us Hope
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 18 Camp Classic Musicals That Make Us Sing