6 HIV/AIDS Charities That Donald Trump Could Send a Check
BY Michelle Garcia
October 25 2012 1:25 AM ET
Donald Trump Wednesday unveiled his so-called earth-shattering announcement that was supposed to derail the Obama campaign. In dramatic fashion, the billionaire proposed donating $5 million to a charity of President Obama's choice on the condition that he release his college applications, transcripts, and passport history.
That $5 million bounty would be a lot for The Donald, given that he isn't known for his charitable giving (if that's how one describes this arrangement). The Smoking Gun points out that Trump's foundation has given away $7.7 million during the last 21 years.
Still, Trump had a few suggestions in his video announcement for Obama on how the bounty money could be directed to a list of causes, including AIDS research. Trump's hit NBC show The Celebrity Apprentice has made Trump a lot of money and meanwhile raised millions of dollars over its five seasons for charity, including several thousand dollars for HIV/AIDS charities and organizations. Based on that, we have a few suggestions for potential recipients of that hard-won $5 million check.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- The 'Undetectable' Paradox
- Boy Scouts' Decision Draws Heated Reaction From All Sides
- The Brains Behind Husbands
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Boy Scouts' Decision Draws Heated Reaction From All Sides 20 min 7 sec ago
- Entertainment News Do You Hear 'Girl Men' or 'Guru Men?' 1 hour 39 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 7:00 AM
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 6:03 AM
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 6:00 AM
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 4:00 AM
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM