Immune Response Corp. appoints new CEO
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 15 2003 1:00 AM ET
Immune Response Corp., maker of the experimental HIV vaccine Remune, last week announced the appointment of John Bonfiglio as the company's new chief executive officer. He will be charged with spearheading the company's development of Remune, currently in clinical trials for possible use in combination with antiretroviral drugs to slow or stop HIV replication in people infected with the virus.
"A significant factor in any HIV treatment development is the importance of the HIV activist and medical communities, whose long-term advocacy and input have been instrumental in the advancement of new treatments," Bonfiglio said. "I look forward to working closely with these groups as we pursue the ongoing development of Remune."
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Surprising No One, Texas State Senate Reaffirms Opposition to Marriage Equality