Immune Response Corp. appoints new CEO
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 15 2003 1:00 AM ET
Immune Response Corp., maker of the experimental HIV vaccine Remune, last week announced the appointment of John Bonfiglio as the company's new chief executive officer. He will be charged with spearheading the company's development of Remune, currently in clinical trials for possible use in combination with antiretroviral drugs to slow or stop HIV replication in people infected with the virus.
"A significant factor in any HIV treatment development is the importance of the HIV activist and medical communities, whose long-term advocacy and input have been instrumental in the advancement of new treatments," Bonfiglio said. "I look forward to working closely with these groups as we pursue the ongoing development of Remune."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays