Condom machines may be installed in Tucson recreation centers
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 15 2003 1:00 AM ET
The Tucson Parks and Recreation Department will hold a public hearing next week on whether the department should install condom dispensers in a handful of neighborhood recreation centers in the city, the Arizona Daily Star reports. The dispensers are part of Planned Parenthood's Protection Connection Program and are already installed at seven noncity facilities frequented by teenagers. Most city officials support installing the condom vending machines in the recreation centers as a way to help prevent the spread of HIV and hepatitis among sexually active teenagers and young adults.
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- WATCH: Michael Sam Responds Graciously To Tony Dungy's Homophobia
- WATCH: Keith Olbermann Eviscerates Tony Dungy for Michael Sam Remarks
- Op-ed: Accepting My Partner's Gender Transformation
- This African Mother Is a Lesbian and a 'Criminal'