Three-minute HIV test approved by FDA
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 18 2003 11:00 PM ET
The Food and Drug Administration on Thursday approved Canada-based MedMira Inc.'s Reveal Rapid HIV-1 Antibody Test, which can provide results in about three minutes, for marketing in the United States. The test kit will be distributed exclusively to U.S. health care providers by Cardinal Health, a provider of health care products and services, and shipment will begin immediately, MedMira officials said. The test is the fastest HIV antibody test available in the world and can detect HIV antibodies in blood serum or plasma. "We are very pleased to enter the United States market with the best rapid HIV test to date," said MedMira CEO Stephen Sham. The company earlier this month received approval to market the HIV test in China.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6