Three-minute HIV test approved by FDA
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 19 2003 12:00 AM ET
The Food and Drug Administration on Thursday approved Canada-based MedMira Inc.'s Reveal Rapid HIV-1 Antibody Test, which can provide results in about three minutes, for marketing in the United States. The test kit will be distributed exclusively to U.S. health care providers by Cardinal Health, a provider of health care products and services, and shipment will begin immediately, MedMira officials said. The test is the fastest HIV antibody test available in the world and can detect HIV antibodies in blood serum or plasma. "We are very pleased to enter the United States market with the best rapid HIV test to date," said MedMira CEO Stephen Sham. The company earlier this month received approval to market the HIV test in China.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- PHOTOS: Best of Pride
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Amber Heard: 'I Don’t Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'