Three-minute HIV test approved by FDA
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 19 2003 12:00 AM ET
The Food and Drug Administration on Thursday approved Canada-based MedMira Inc.'s Reveal Rapid HIV-1 Antibody Test, which can provide results in about three minutes, for marketing in the United States. The test kit will be distributed exclusively to U.S. health care providers by Cardinal Health, a provider of health care products and services, and shipment will begin immediately, MedMira officials said. The test is the fastest HIV antibody test available in the world and can detect HIV antibodies in blood serum or plasma. "We are very pleased to enter the United States market with the best rapid HIV test to date," said MedMira CEO Stephen Sham. The company earlier this month received approval to market the HIV test in China.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People