FDA says experimental anti-HIV drug is effective
May 19 2005 12:00 AM ET
Boehringer Ingelheim's experimental anti-HIV drug is effective in some drug-resistant patients when used in combination with Abbott Laboratories' Norvir, U.S. regulatory staff said in documents released on Wednesday. Data for the Boehringer protease inhibitor, called Aptivus, previously known as tipranavir, "provide evidence of the additional antiviral effect over currently available antiretroviral regimens in a population which are 'heavily pretreated,' " Food and Drug Administration reviewers said. (Reuters)
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- The Precarious Plight of Paul Richmond's Pinups