FDA says experimental anti-HIV drug is effective
May 19 2005 12:00 AM ET
Boehringer Ingelheim's experimental anti-HIV drug is effective in some drug-resistant patients when used in combination with Abbott Laboratories' Norvir, U.S. regulatory staff said in documents released on Wednesday. Data for the Boehringer protease inhibitor, called Aptivus, previously known as tipranavir, "provide evidence of the additional antiviral effect over currently available antiretroviral regimens in a population which are 'heavily pretreated,' " Food and Drug Administration reviewers said. (Reuters)
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Artist Spotlight: Julian Hsiung