Ex-Gay Group Cancels Conference
May 04 2012 9:11 AM ET
Exodus International has canceled its upcoming Love Won Out conference in Albuquerque due to the low number of registrations, the group wrote in an email posted by Ex-Gay Watch.
Conference attendance has been trending downward, with their last conference bringing in barely 400 people. This is down from nearly 1000 in Exodus’ headier days.
In November, XGW reported on a secret meeting held by Exodus president Alan Chambers to come up with ways to rebrand the organization in the wake of social and financial collapse. Since then events have occurred which seem to validate that scenario. The cancellation of this conference, the first time we know of since either Exodus or Focus on the Family held the event, appears to provide more evidence of their decline.
Read the full post here.
- Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- New Mexico Supreme Court Declares Statewide Marriage Equality
- Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- Travel Futuristic Vegas Nightclub Goes Gay 33 min 51 sec ago
- Obituaries Washington Marriage Equality Opponent Dies 1 hour 6 min ago
- Film Paul Rudd Set to Star in Marvel Comics Ant-Man Film 2 hours 8 min ago
- Entertainment News Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out 2 hours 40 min ago
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Hotel Chain 2 hours 43 min ago
- People Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny 2 hours 58 min ago
- Women The Incredibly True Adventures of 2 Lesbian Penguins in Love in Israel 6:13 PM