Oklahoma police hunting for AIDS robber
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 09 2001 12:00 AM ET
Oklahoma police are on the hunt for a Texas man who is wanted for armed robbery with what he says is an AIDS-tainted needle, reports Channel2000.com. State prosecutors Tuesday issued an arrest warrant for 23-year-old John Andrew Doege Jr. of New Braunfels, Tex. He was charged with two counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon. Doege allegedly entered several Oklahoma businesses, pointed a syringe at clerks, announced that the syringe is tainted with HIV, and then demanded money. Witnesses were able to get the license plate number of his car and also identified him from a photo lineup.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6