Oklahoma police hunting for AIDS robber
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 09 2001 1:00 AM ET
Oklahoma police are on the hunt for a Texas man who is wanted for armed robbery with what he says is an AIDS-tainted needle, reports Channel2000.com. State prosecutors Tuesday issued an arrest warrant for 23-year-old John Andrew Doege Jr. of New Braunfels, Tex. He was charged with two counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon. Doege allegedly entered several Oklahoma businesses, pointed a syringe at clerks, announced that the syringe is tainted with HIV, and then demanded money. Witnesses were able to get the license plate number of his car and also identified him from a photo lineup.
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- WATCH: Donald Trump Still Can't Explain His Marriage Equality Opposition
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defies Court Again, Turns Away Same-Sex Couple a Third Time
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude
- WATCH: John Oliver Explains the Equality Act
- Will South Dakota Student Athletes Have to Undergo Genital Exams?