Gay convicted murderer shot to death in Pennsylvania
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 14 2001 1:00 AM ET
A gay man who was shot to death in Monroeville, Pa., on Saturday had committed murder himself nearly 21 years ago, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports. Bryan Scott Patterson was sentenced to 20 years in prison 11 years ago for beating a 51-year-old grandmother to death with a Boy Scout hatchet in 1980. On Saturday, police say the 43-year-old Patterson was shot to death by 22-year-old Kenneth Saunders. Police say Patterson met Saunders in a bar and that an altercation started after Saunders got into a car with Patterson. They believe Saunders shot Patterson in the head after Patterson propositioned him. After the shooting, Patterson apparently drove away, hitting two parked cars and a utility pole before stopping. He was later found dead at the scene.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox