Gay convicted murderer shot to death in Pennsylvania
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 14 2001 12:00 AM ET
A gay man who was shot to death in Monroeville, Pa., on Saturday had committed murder himself nearly 21 years ago, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports. Bryan Scott Patterson was sentenced to 20 years in prison 11 years ago for beating a 51-year-old grandmother to death with a Boy Scout hatchet in 1980. On Saturday, police say the 43-year-old Patterson was shot to death by 22-year-old Kenneth Saunders. Police say Patterson met Saunders in a bar and that an altercation started after Saunders got into a car with Patterson. They believe Saunders shot Patterson in the head after Patterson propositioned him. After the shooting, Patterson apparently drove away, hitting two parked cars and a utility pole before stopping. He was later found dead at the scene.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment