Gay man elected Nevada Democratic Party official
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 21 2003 12:00 AM ET
Nevada Democrats have gone for diversity, electing a gay man, a Hispanic woman, a black man, and a Native American to serve as state party officers.
Adriana Martinez, a Hispanic who ran unsuccessfully for the state senate last year, defeated Ann Reynolds of Las Vegas to become the new state party chairwoman. Steven Horsford, an African-American and chief executive officer of Nevada Partners, is the new Democratic national committeeman. The Democrats also elected Brian Wallace, Washoe tribal chairman, as first chair and Dan Hinkley, the openly gay founder of the Nevada Stonewall Democratic Club, as secretary.
"Clearly this is a slate of officers that represents a broad spectrum of Nevada," party executive director Rebecca Lambe said Monday.
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Antigay Texas Attorney General Surrenders After Indictment
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Lesbian Couple Allegedly Beaten After Kissing Outside Six Flags New England