Gay man elected Nevada Democratic Party official
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 21 2003 12:00 AM ET
Nevada Democrats have gone for diversity, electing a gay man, a Hispanic woman, a black man, and a Native American to serve as state party officers.
Adriana Martinez, a Hispanic who ran unsuccessfully for the state senate last year, defeated Ann Reynolds of Las Vegas to become the new state party chairwoman. Steven Horsford, an African-American and chief executive officer of Nevada Partners, is the new Democratic national committeeman. The Democrats also elected Brian Wallace, Washoe tribal chairman, as first chair and Dan Hinkley, the openly gay founder of the Nevada Stonewall Democratic Club, as secretary.
"Clearly this is a slate of officers that represents a broad spectrum of Nevada," party executive director Rebecca Lambe said Monday.
- Women Who the F Is ... Dolly Wilde 21 min 48 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Couples Sue Florida for Recognition of Their Marriages 36 min 43 sec ago
- Television After Elimination: Vivacious of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6 1 hour 26 min ago
- Transgender Study: Rescind The Ban on Trans Service Members 1 hour 45 min ago
- Parenting We're Not Perfect, We're Parents 8:18 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: No One Is Invincible 7:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: NOM Can’t Shut Me Down 7:00 AM