Gay man elected Nevada Democratic Party official
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 21 2003 12:00 AM ET
Nevada Democrats have gone for diversity, electing a gay man, a Hispanic woman, a black man, and a Native American to serve as state party officers.
Adriana Martinez, a Hispanic who ran unsuccessfully for the state senate last year, defeated Ann Reynolds of Las Vegas to become the new state party chairwoman. Steven Horsford, an African-American and chief executive officer of Nevada Partners, is the new Democratic national committeeman. The Democrats also elected Brian Wallace, Washoe tribal chairman, as first chair and Dan Hinkley, the openly gay founder of the Nevada Stonewall Democratic Club, as secretary.
"Clearly this is a slate of officers that represents a broad spectrum of Nevada," party executive director Rebecca Lambe said Monday.
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- WATCH: More Officials Like Kim Davis Would Be a Disaster