Bingham's Mother Gets Her Wish in Moussaoui Case
May 04 2006 12:00 AM ET
Alice Hoagland, the mother of gay United 93 hero Mark Bingham, received her desired verdict for 9/11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui, who was sentenced to life in prison on Wednesday.
Hoagland, who spoke with her son before he stormed the United 93 cockpit with other passengers and prevented it from crashing it into the White House, told The Advocate that she did not wish to see Moussaoui executed and become a martyr for his role in the terrorist attacks.
"Al Qaida, other fundamentalist Muslim groups—even mainstream Muslims—would be tempted to view Moussaoui's death as a martyrdom," Hoagland said. "This man does not deserve that honor." (The Advocate)
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times