Bingham's Mother Gets Her Wish in Moussaoui Case
May 03 2006 11:00 PM ET
Alice Hoagland, the mother of gay United 93 hero Mark Bingham, received her desired verdict for 9/11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui, who was sentenced to life in prison on Wednesday.
Hoagland, who spoke with her son before he stormed the United 93 cockpit with other passengers and prevented it from crashing it into the White House, told The Advocate that she did not wish to see Moussaoui executed and become a martyr for his role in the terrorist attacks.
"Al Qaida, other fundamentalist Muslim groups—even mainstream Muslims—would be tempted to view Moussaoui's death as a martyrdom," Hoagland said. "This man does not deserve that honor." (The Advocate)
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM