Bingham's Mother Gets Her Wish in Moussaoui Case
May 04 2006 12:00 AM ET
Alice Hoagland, the mother of gay United 93 hero Mark Bingham, received her desired verdict for 9/11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui, who was sentenced to life in prison on Wednesday.
Hoagland, who spoke with her son before he stormed the United 93 cockpit with other passengers and prevented it from crashing it into the White House, told The Advocate that she did not wish to see Moussaoui executed and become a martyr for his role in the terrorist attacks.
"Al Qaida, other fundamentalist Muslim groups—even mainstream Muslims—would be tempted to view Moussaoui's death as a martyrdom," Hoagland said. "This man does not deserve that honor." (The Advocate)
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- These Are the U.S. Trans Women Killed in 2015
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding
- Hundreds Attend Satanic Statue Unveiling in Detroit Despite Terrorist Threats