Obama Considers Gay Ally for Running Mate
June 24 2008 12:00 AM ET
The blogosphere is abuzz with speculation that Lt. Gen.
Claudia J. Kennedy, a retired three-star general, is
one of a dozen people under consideration to accompany
presidential hopeful Barack Obama to the polls this
November. According to PinkNews
, Europe’s largest
gay news service, Kennedy has supported campaigns
to overturn "don’t ask, don’t tell."
consideration for running mate could appeal to many
different groups, reports PinkNews
. Former supporters of
Hillary Clinton could align themselves with Obama should
he choose a woman as his running mate.
Kennedy’s military record is also part of
the equation, as American voters have a history of
electing military leaders to political positions.
Kennedy served in the Army for 30 years and has a background
in Army Intelligence, reports PinkNews
According to PinkNews
, Kennedy served as an
adviser during John Kerry’s unsuccessful 2004
campaign and endorsed Hillary Clinton for the
Democratic presidential nomination this year. (
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM