BY Advocate.com Editors
August 24 2009 4:30 PM ET
Porn. Masturbation. A naked woman jumping on a trampoline. Visitors to Manhattan’s High Line Park, located in the Meatpacking District, say they’ve seen all that and more in the windows of the recently opened Standard Hotel.
The New York Post is reporting that exhibitionists have found a new home away from home at the hotel, which boasts floor-to-ceiling windows perched high above the new urban park.
"I've seen a few porn shoots -- three dudes walking around a hotel room with cameras and lights filming a couple," said Joe, a manager at the next-door Brass Monkey. "I've seen at least 10 different people having sex. Saturday nights are the best time for the show."
Interestingly, the hotel’s Facebook page and website encourage the explicit behavior. "We encourage you to exercise your inner exhibitionist. Please share your intimate and explicit photos with us -- those floor-to-ceiling windows aren't just for the views," the Facebook page implores.
"Whatever you do, just make sure the shots are HOT and that you get them to us in whichever way you can. It's all about sex all the time, and you're our star," the website encouraged, but that wording was taken down, according to the Post, after the Standard was contacted for comment.
Passersby told the Post they have seen a naked woman jumping on a trampoline, men masturbating by the windows, and naked backsides pressed up against the glass.
Out City Council speaker Christine Quinn told the Post she’s hoping to bring the show to a close. "The alleged actions of the Standard are unacceptable," she said in a statement.
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- R&B Singer Monifah Carter Talks About Her Journey as a Lesbian in the Music Industry
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club 31 min 42 sec ago
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other 2 hours 20 min ago
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 2 hours 56 min ago
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs 2 hours 58 min ago
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame 6:51 PM
- Entertainment News Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced To Jail 6:20 PM
- Politicians President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech 4:59 PM