BY Chris Jai Centeno
August 26 2009 4:05 PM ET
Doug Murphy, co-owner of the popular San Francisco bars Moby Dick and Blackbird, passed away last Friday after contracting the H1N1 virus -- a.k.a. swine flu -- during a trip to Palm Springs earlier this month.
His business partner Shawn Vergara paid tribute to the 41-year-old Murphy on his Facebook page. “Hello my dearest friends," Vergara wrote. "It is with a heavy heart that I share with you that our dear friend and business partner, Doug Murphy, has passed away on Friday. During this time we would ask that any questions be held back from the staff while we put our best face forward.”
“We will keep everyone posted as to when any services will be held," Vergara continued. "Come by, have a shot of Jager and a Bud Light to Doug. We miss him dearly.”
For information on his funeral service, please visit the Blackbird’s Facebook page.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? March 07 2014 5:53 PM
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day March 07 2014 5:49 PM