BY Chris Jai Centeno
August 26 2009 5:05 PM ET
Doug Murphy, co-owner of the popular San Francisco bars Moby Dick and Blackbird, passed away last Friday after contracting the H1N1 virus -- a.k.a. swine flu -- during a trip to Palm Springs earlier this month.
His business partner Shawn Vergara paid tribute to the 41-year-old Murphy on his Facebook page. “Hello my dearest friends," Vergara wrote. "It is with a heavy heart that I share with you that our dear friend and business partner, Doug Murphy, has passed away on Friday. During this time we would ask that any questions be held back from the staff while we put our best face forward.”
“We will keep everyone posted as to when any services will be held," Vergara continued. "Come by, have a shot of Jager and a Bud Light to Doug. We miss him dearly.”
For information on his funeral service, please visit the Blackbird’s Facebook page.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- No More Bullying Meet the 2013 Point Scholars: Living Proof It Does Get Better 1 hour 48 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 2 hours 43 min ago
- Commentary Day of Decision Op-ed: When a Marriage Would Split Us Up 4:00 AM
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM