BY Julie Bolcer
August 26 2009 5:15 PM ET
Anthony Woods profiled: CBS-5 talks with Anthony Woods (pictured), an openly gay African-American Iraq war veteran who seeks to represent the 10th congressional district in the East Bay Area.
Football no place for gays, says Italian coach: Italian gay rights group Arcigay rebuked national team coach Marcello Lippi for saying that he would never allow gay players because it would create scandal.
Taking Woodstock , or leave it? Newsday critic Rafer Guzmán pans the latest film by director Ang Lee as “frustratingly sedate, more opiate than hallucinogen.”
Sarkozy’s unsavory association: Philippe de Villiers, a Catholic fundamentalist who has compared same-sex civil partnerships to “barbarism,” plans to join the political team behind French president Nicolas Sarkozy
"Not a barrier anymore": Raymond Gregory, who was recently promoted to captain in the Riverside County sheriff’s department, became the highest-ranking openly gay man in the large law enforcement organization.
Chris Brown sentenced: The R&B singer, who admitted to assaulting girlfriend Rihanna, was formally sentenced on Tuesday to six months of community labor and five years' probation, and he was ordered not to contact Rihanna for the next five years.
Democratic fund-raiser charged in banking fraud scheme: Hassan Nemazee, who raised money for Democrats including Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and John Kerry, faces up to 30 years in prison and a $1 million fine for his alleged attempt to seek a fraudulent $74 million loan from Citigroup.
Circumcision no protection for gay men: A study released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at its 2009 National HIV Prevention Conference in Atlanta shows that circumcision does not help prevent the spread of HIV in gay men.
A&E, easy as 1-2-3: The cable channel confirmed that Michael Jackson's five brothers will be the subject of a reality television series.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Travel PHOTOS: Miami's Winter Party Combines Skin, Philanthropy 7 min 17 sec ago
- Television Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine Quietly Breaks Ground 12 min 57 sec ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 1 hour 13 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 1 hour 28 min ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 1 hour 48 min ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM