BY Julie Bolcer
August 26 2009 5:15 PM ET
Anthony Woods profiled: CBS-5 talks with Anthony Woods (pictured), an openly gay African-American Iraq war veteran who seeks to represent the 10th congressional district in the East Bay Area.
Football no place for gays, says Italian coach: Italian gay rights group Arcigay rebuked national team coach Marcello Lippi for saying that he would never allow gay players because it would create scandal.
Taking Woodstock , or leave it? Newsday critic Rafer Guzmán pans the latest film by director Ang Lee as “frustratingly sedate, more opiate than hallucinogen.”
Sarkozy’s unsavory association: Philippe de Villiers, a Catholic fundamentalist who has compared same-sex civil partnerships to “barbarism,” plans to join the political team behind French president Nicolas Sarkozy
"Not a barrier anymore": Raymond Gregory, who was recently promoted to captain in the Riverside County sheriff’s department, became the highest-ranking openly gay man in the large law enforcement organization.
Chris Brown sentenced: The R&B singer, who admitted to assaulting girlfriend Rihanna, was formally sentenced on Tuesday to six months of community labor and five years' probation, and he was ordered not to contact Rihanna for the next five years.
Democratic fund-raiser charged in banking fraud scheme: Hassan Nemazee, who raised money for Democrats including Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and John Kerry, faces up to 30 years in prison and a $1 million fine for his alleged attempt to seek a fraudulent $74 million loan from Citigroup.
Circumcision no protection for gay men: A study released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at its 2009 National HIV Prevention Conference in Atlanta shows that circumcision does not help prevent the spread of HIV in gay men.
A&E, easy as 1-2-3: The cable channel confirmed that Michael Jackson's five brothers will be the subject of a reality television series.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women WATCH: Amy Schumer and Amber Tamblyn Watch Porn and Make Out 10 min 8 sec ago
- Art When Shel Silverstein Covered Fire Island for Playboy 18 min 44 sec ago
- Entertainment News Filmmaker Needs Help to Penetrate the South 1 hour 58 sec ago
- Commentary NYC Hate Crimes: Why I'm Afraid for First Time in My Life 1 hour 18 min ago
- Women WATCH: Portia de Rossi Spills Ellen's Most Annoying Habit to Jennifer Aniston 1 hour 41 min ago
- Living Well Why Shacking Up Is Good For Your Health 1 hour 47 min ago
- Politics Schumer: The Reason We Excluded Gays Offers 'Little Comfort' 2 hours 43 min ago