BY Advocate.com Editors
September 02 2009 3:45 PM ET
Los Angeles–based website LAist.com has ranked the five gayest beaches in California -- seemingly based on their distance from West Hollywood hot spot the Abbey and how many men are likely to be wearing spandex, Speedos, or simply nothing at all -- with Santa Monica’s Will Rogers State Beach taking the top spot.
Just 12 miles away from the Abbey and boasting “swimming trunks often a size too small,” Will Rogers admittedly takes top honors because it’s the closest beach to West Hollywood, even though the website notes its questionable water quality.
Rounding out the list are the El Matador nude beach in Malibu, West Street Beach in Laguna Beach, San Onofre State Beach in San Clemente, and Black’s Beach in San Diego (which is also nude).
Click here to read up on each of the beaches.
- TV: Several LGBT Characters Missing Next Season
- Rising Above the Down Low
- Florist Counter-Sues Washington, Arguing She Has a Right to Discriminate
- WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News
- Protests Continue But Opponents in France Get Final Loss
- UFC Comes Down Hard on Homophobic Wrestler
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM
- Style WATCH: Nasty Pig Meets Naughty Dog May 17 2013 7:00 PM
- Sports UFC Comes Down Hard on Homophobic Wrestler May 17 2013 6:49 PM