BY Julie Bolcer
November 04 2009 10:00 AM ET
The Los Angeles Police Department on Tuesday severed its ties to an organization linked to the Boy Scouts of America, which discriminates against gays.
The police commission voted to end the LAPD’s association with Learning for Life, a Boy Scouts spin-off that runs a department program for teens interested in law enforcement careers, according to the Associated Press.
“Officials said the Boy Scouts policy is ‘inconsistent’ with the city's policy of non-discrimination,” the AP reported.
Learning for Life denied that it discriminates, and said it does not receive money from the Boy Scouts.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View