BY Julie Bolcer
November 04 2009 11:00 AM ET
The Los Angeles Police Department on Tuesday severed its ties to an organization linked to the Boy Scouts of America, which discriminates against gays.
The police commission voted to end the LAPD’s association with Learning for Life, a Boy Scouts spin-off that runs a department program for teens interested in law enforcement careers, according to the Associated Press.
“Officials said the Boy Scouts policy is ‘inconsistent’ with the city's policy of non-discrimination,” the AP reported.
Learning for Life denied that it discriminates, and said it does not receive money from the Boy Scouts.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word