BY Advocate.com Editors
December 22 2009 4:15 PM ET
Haaz Sleiman, the Lebanon-born actor who plays Edie Falco’s gay confidant and fellow nurse “Mo-Mo” De La Cruz on Nurse Jackie, will not return for season 2 of the Showtime hit, reports Entertainment Weekly.
A rep for Showtime confirmed that Sleiman is no longer on the series but offered no specifics. Sleiman’s personal rep reveals that Nurse Jackie producers felt “the character’s storyline ran its course. We were surprised. It came out of left field.” The series is scheduled to return for its second season March 22.
- Another Gay Man Attacked in New York City
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good As Dead, Say Advocates
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Democratic 'Betrayal' Leaves Binational LGBT Families Stranded 9 min 53 sec ago
- Travel Peace Corps Opens to Same-Sex Couples 25 min 6 sec ago
- Commentary Why it's Time to Stop Stigmatizing Haitians 38 min 59 sec ago
- Health and Treatments Is There Such a Thing as HIV-Negative AIDS? 41 min 39 sec ago
- Religion Church of Scotland to Allow Gay Ministers 53 min 28 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel These Grooms Met Because of a Big Blue Dog 57 min ago
- Crime Another Gay Man Attacked in New York City 59 min 34 sec ago