BY Advocate.com Editors
January 03 2010 1:40 PM ET
Elton John says he’s been helping Eminem fight his drug addictions for more than a year now. John became friends with the rapper after performing with him at the 2001 Grammy Awards following controversy surrounding Eminem’s antigay lyrics.
He told BBC Radio on Saturday that Eminem is succeeding in his well-publicized drug abuse problem and added that, as a recovered addict himself, he’s more than happy to help.
Watch video from the BBC Radio interview here. Interviewer Danny Baker speaks to John about his whole career, including a collaboration with the Scissor Sisters. Discussion of his work with Eminem starts at about 19 minutes.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 7:00 AM
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 6:03 AM
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 6:00 AM
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 4:00 AM
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM