BY Julie Bolcer
February 10 2010 1:20 PM ET
Transgender icon Amanda Lepore will lead the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras as chief of parade later this month.
Lepore, who became famous as a muse of photographer David LaChapelle, will lead floats at the Mardi Gras parade February 27, according to the Southern Star Melbourne.
“I’m thrilled and honored to be invited to be chief of parade,” said Lepore. “I can’t wait to be a part of the Mardi Gras and celebrations of our community.”
Lepore, a New York resident, is renowned as a club night hostess, singer, and brand pitchwoman. She appeared in Playboy in 2008.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Finding the Funny in "Ex-Gay" Marriages and a Queerpocalypse
- Erasure is Back With a New Album and a Still Sexy Gay Rock Star
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Meet the Iowa Lesbians Finally Married After 72 Years