BY Julie Bolcer
February 10 2010 1:20 PM ET
Transgender icon Amanda Lepore will lead the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras as chief of parade later this month.
Lepore, who became famous as a muse of photographer David LaChapelle, will lead floats at the Mardi Gras parade February 27, according to the Southern Star Melbourne.
“I’m thrilled and honored to be invited to be chief of parade,” said Lepore. “I can’t wait to be a part of the Mardi Gras and celebrations of our community.”
Lepore, a New York resident, is renowned as a club night hostess, singer, and brand pitchwoman. She appeared in Playboy in 2008.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Speak Now: Prop. 8 Decision Will Pave Way for National Marriage Victory
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr