BY Julie Bolcer
February 10 2010 1:20 PM ET
Transgender icon Amanda Lepore will lead the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras as chief of parade later this month.
Lepore, who became famous as a muse of photographer David LaChapelle, will lead floats at the Mardi Gras parade February 27, according to the Southern Star Melbourne.
“I’m thrilled and honored to be invited to be chief of parade,” said Lepore. “I can’t wait to be a part of the Mardi Gras and celebrations of our community.”
Lepore, a New York resident, is renowned as a club night hostess, singer, and brand pitchwoman. She appeared in Playboy in 2008.
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- Top Filipino Singer-Actor Comes Out as a Transgender Man
- 10 Mushy Moments With Brittney Griner And Glory Johnson