BY Julie Bolcer
February 10 2010 1:20 PM ET
Transgender icon Amanda Lepore will lead the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras as chief of parade later this month.
Lepore, who became famous as a muse of photographer David LaChapelle, will lead floats at the Mardi Gras parade February 27, according to the Southern Star Melbourne.
“I’m thrilled and honored to be invited to be chief of parade,” said Lepore. “I can’t wait to be a part of the Mardi Gras and celebrations of our community.”
Lepore, a New York resident, is renowned as a club night hostess, singer, and brand pitchwoman. She appeared in Playboy in 2008.
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality