BY Advocate.com Editors
March 14 2010 4:25 PM ET
Constance McMillen, the 18-year-old Mississippi student who sued her high school after the school canceled prom rather than let McMillen take her girlfriend to the dance, was interviewed Saturday night on The Wanda Sykes Show. During the interview Sykes invited McMillen to Los Angeles in April so that McMillen could attend the GLAAD Awards, where Sykes is being honored.
You can see a full video of the show here. McMillan's interview is about five minutes into the episode.
Meanwhile, Rod McCullom of the blog Rod 2.0 reports that McMillen has posted a video message for all her supporters and the 200,000-plus people of the Facebook group Let Constance Take Her Girlfriend to Prom. See that video below.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
- Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 4:40 AM
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 4:00 AM
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality May 20 2013 7:00 PM
- Law Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay May 20 2013 6:48 PM