BY Advocate.com Editors
March 14 2010 4:25 PM ET
Constance McMillen, the 18-year-old Mississippi student who sued her high school after the school canceled prom rather than let McMillen take her girlfriend to the dance, was interviewed Saturday night on The Wanda Sykes Show. During the interview Sykes invited McMillen to Los Angeles in April so that McMillen could attend the GLAAD Awards, where Sykes is being honored.
You can see a full video of the show here. McMillan's interview is about five minutes into the episode.
Meanwhile, Rod McCullom of the blog Rod 2.0 reports that McMillen has posted a video message for all her supporters and the 200,000-plus people of the Facebook group Let Constance Take Her Girlfriend to Prom. See that video below.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island