BY Advocate.com Editors
March 14 2010 4:25 PM ET
Constance McMillen, the 18-year-old Mississippi student who sued her high school after the school canceled prom rather than let McMillen take her girlfriend to the dance, was interviewed Saturday night on The Wanda Sykes Show. During the interview Sykes invited McMillen to Los Angeles in April so that McMillen could attend the GLAAD Awards, where Sykes is being honored.
You can see a full video of the show here. McMillan's interview is about five minutes into the episode.
Meanwhile, Rod McCullom of the blog Rod 2.0 reports that McMillen has posted a video message for all her supporters and the 200,000-plus people of the Facebook group Let Constance Take Her Girlfriend to Prom. See that video below.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf