BY Advocate.com Editors
March 14 2010 3:25 PM ET
Constance McMillen, the 18-year-old Mississippi student who sued her high school after the school canceled prom rather than let McMillen take her girlfriend to the dance, was interviewed Saturday night on The Wanda Sykes Show. During the interview Sykes invited McMillen to Los Angeles in April so that McMillen could attend the GLAAD Awards, where Sykes is being honored.
You can see a full video of the show here. McMillan's interview is about five minutes into the episode.
Meanwhile, Rod McCullom of the blog Rod 2.0 reports that McMillen has posted a video message for all her supporters and the 200,000-plus people of the Facebook group Let Constance Take Her Girlfriend to Prom. See that video below.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher 55 min 40 sec ago
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts 1 hour 26 min ago
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex 2 hours 22 min ago
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson 6:03 PM
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 4:20 PM