BY Advocate.com Editors
March 14 2010 3:25 PM ET
Constance McMillen, the 18-year-old Mississippi student who sued her high school after the school canceled prom rather than let McMillen take her girlfriend to the dance, was interviewed Saturday night on The Wanda Sykes Show. During the interview Sykes invited McMillen to Los Angeles in April so that McMillen could attend the GLAAD Awards, where Sykes is being honored.
You can see a full video of the show here. McMillan's interview is about five minutes into the episode.
Meanwhile, Rod McCullom of the blog Rod 2.0 reports that McMillen has posted a video message for all her supporters and the 200,000-plus people of the Facebook group Let Constance Take Her Girlfriend to Prom. See that video below.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples