Soulforce Announces New Executive Director
BY Julie Bolcer
April 13 2010 11:55 AM ET
Soulforce, which advocates for the end of religious-based, anti-LGBT discrimination
through the use of nonviolent resistance, has named the Reverend Cindi Love its
new executive director. Love, who most recently led the Universal
Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches, will assume the
position April 22.
According to a news release from Soulforce, Love served as executive director of the UFMCC from 2005 to 2009. Previously, she was a community college dean, a senior executive of the Toro Co., and CEO and founder of several award-winning corporations.
Love created the "Would Jesus Discriminate?" campaign and authored a book of the same name. She was named one of the Top 50 Entrepreneurs in North America by Inc. magazine, the Young Entrepreneurs Organization, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1990.
As executive director, Love will lead an organization that uses the nonviolent resistance and direct action principles of Mohandas Gandhi and the Reverend Martin Luther King to end political and religious oppression of LGBT people.
Currently, Soulforce Equality Riders are on a 16-city tour to American colleges that have oppressive policies regarding LGBT students.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash
- The 'Undetectable' Paradox
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra May 25 2013 6:30 PM
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? May 25 2013 5:53 PM
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash May 25 2013 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings May 25 2013 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak May 25 2013 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 May 25 2013 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' May 25 2013 12:35 PM