Soulforce Announces New Executive Director
BY Julie Bolcer
April 13 2010 10:55 AM ET
Soulforce, which advocates for the end of religious-based, anti-LGBT discrimination
through the use of nonviolent resistance, has named the Reverend Cindi Love its
new executive director. Love, who most recently led the Universal
Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches, will assume the
position April 22.
According to a news release from Soulforce, Love served as executive director of the UFMCC from 2005 to 2009. Previously, she was a community college dean, a senior executive of the Toro Co., and CEO and founder of several award-winning corporations.
Love created the "Would Jesus Discriminate?" campaign and authored a book of the same name. She was named one of the Top 50 Entrepreneurs in North America by Inc. magazine, the Young Entrepreneurs Organization, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1990.
As executive director, Love will lead an organization that uses the nonviolent resistance and direct action principles of Mohandas Gandhi and the Reverend Martin Luther King to end political and religious oppression of LGBT people.
Currently, Soulforce Equality Riders are on a 16-city tour to American colleges that have oppressive policies regarding LGBT students.
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 7:00 AM
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 6:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM