McCain Demands, Gets Televised DADT Vote
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 27 2010 10:10 AM ET
Sen. John McCain has asked that the Senate Armed Services Committee vote
to repeal “don't ask, don't
tell” be in open session.
The vote is expected to be broadcast this afternoon on C-SPAN.
According to Wonk Room, chairman Carl Levin has agreed to a televised vote and said it will take place sometime after lunch.
McCain, who at one time was thought to be on the fence about “don't ask, don't tell,” has come out strongly against repeal in recent months. He's even talking filibuster if repeal passes.
“I’ll do everything in my power,” McCain said. “I’m going to do everything I can to support the men and women of the military and to fight what is clearly a political agenda.”
Sign Up For Email Updates
- No More Bullying Meet the 2013 Point Scholars: Living Proof It Does Get Better 6:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 5:05 AM
- Commentary Day of Decision Op-ed: When a Marriage Would Split Us Up 4:00 AM
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM