Will Phillips Named Gay Pride Grand Marshal
BY Julie Bolcer
June 22 2010 10:30 AM ET
Will Phillips, the 10-year-old boy who last year refused to recite the Pledge of Allegiance at school until LGBT people have full equality, will serve as grand marshal of the Northwest Arkansas Gay Pride Parade on Saturday. The youngster, who has addressed thousands of people since he took a stand, said he has a special strategy for dealing with protesters.
According to KFSM, Phillips will be the youngest grand marshal ever in the Fayetteville parade, and he is prepared to silence any potential protests with kindness.
"Pretty much all you need to do is smile wider and wave at them," he said.
Watch the report from KFSM.
- Yet Another Court Tells Bobby Jindal to Issue Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality