Efron, Lautner: Dream Cast for Gay Remake
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 25 2010 3:00 PM ET
Zac Efron and Taylor Lautner would be director Randal Kleiser’s choice to star in a gay remake of his blockbuster musical Grease. In an interview with Gay.com, Kleiser, who has been out as a gay man most of his career, also says that out actors Sean Hayes and Neil Patrick Harris “are the role models of today, and probably the next generation will find more, because I think less and less people are getting uptight about being gay.”
A sing-along version of Kleiser’s 1978 hit musical romance that starred John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John will be shown Friday night at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles and open in select theaters nationwide July 8.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf