Efron, Lautner: Dream Cast for Gay Remake
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 25 2010 3:00 PM ET
Zac Efron and Taylor Lautner would be director Randal Kleiser’s choice to star in a gay remake of his blockbuster musical Grease. In an interview with Gay.com, Kleiser, who has been out as a gay man most of his career, also says that out actors Sean Hayes and Neil Patrick Harris “are the role models of today, and probably the next generation will find more, because I think less and less people are getting uptight about being gay.”
A sing-along version of Kleiser’s 1978 hit musical romance that starred John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John will be shown Friday night at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles and open in select theaters nationwide July 8.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'