Star's Antigay Tweet War
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 26 2010 10:35 AM ET
Real World New Orleans star Ryan Leslie says there’s “no gay hate here,” responding to demands from GLAAD that he stop “threatening antigay violence” on Twitter.
The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation posted Saturday an exchange between Leslie and one of his Twitter followers. After a gay Twitter user made accusations that Leslie was homophobic, Leslie responded with the Tweet, “I would love to see you in person, and smash your gay f*cking face in.”
GLAAD followed with a tweet of its own — one thousands of supporters also posted: “Tell @MTV Real World’s @imRyanLeslie: stop threatening anti-gay violence on Twitter.”
Leslie responded Monday morning, saying there’s, “no gay hate here,” but the Real World star didn’t elaborate.
Last week, MTV scored the first ever “excellent” rating for a cable network on GLAAD’s annual Network Responsibility Index for LGBT representation in media.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- Op-ed: Why Our Next Attorney General Should Be LGBT
- #TBT: Greetings, Gents
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'