Star's Antigay Tweet War
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 26 2010 9:35 AM ET
Real World New Orleans star Ryan Leslie says there’s “no gay hate here,” responding to demands from GLAAD that he stop “threatening antigay violence” on Twitter.
The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation posted Saturday an exchange between Leslie and one of his Twitter followers. After a gay Twitter user made accusations that Leslie was homophobic, Leslie responded with the Tweet, “I would love to see you in person, and smash your gay f*cking face in.”
GLAAD followed with a tweet of its own — one thousands of supporters also posted: “Tell @MTV Real World’s @imRyanLeslie: stop threatening anti-gay violence on Twitter.”
Leslie responded Monday morning, saying there’s, “no gay hate here,” but the Real World star didn’t elaborate.
Last week, MTV scored the first ever “excellent” rating for a cable network on GLAAD’s annual Network Responsibility Index for LGBT representation in media.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- The 10 Best LGBT Documentaries of 2014
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Year's Craziest Right-Wing Conspiracy Theories About LGBT People
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: As Santa, Obama Destroys Gender Stereotypes