Sara Gilbert Officially Comes Out
BY David Moretti
July 29 2010 4:35 PM ET
Sara Gilbert is executive-producing and starring in a new talk show focusing on the lives of mothers on which she will openly discuss her home life — including her partner and their kids.
Previously, Gilbert had shied away from publicly discussing her sexuality, though it was something of an open secret in Hollywood. Now, with The Talk set to focus on the real-life experiences of mothers, she said she feels it’s appropriate to officially come out.
CBS caused a bit of controversy with the show’s official press release, which had no mention of Gilbert’s partner. However, the actress defended the network at this week’s Television Critics Association luncheon, saying the omission was her call.
“I’m going to be discussing my life more, and I felt that the first place I wanted to do it wasn’t in a CBS press release. It just seemed impersonal, and I felt like I’d rather come in person and talk to you about all that stuff here,” she said.
- Television Bette Midler to Play Mae West in HBO Biopic 1 hour 38 min ago
- Marriage Equality ACLU Launches My Big Gay (Il)legal Wedding Contest 2 hours 12 min ago
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 8:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 7:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 6:30 AM
- Music WATCH: The Best (or Not So Best) of LGBT Holiday Choirs 5:00 AM