Sara Gilbert Officially Comes Out
BY David Moretti
July 29 2010 5:35 PM ET
Sara Gilbert is executive-producing and starring in a new talk show focusing on the lives of mothers on which she will openly discuss her home life — including her partner and their kids.
Previously, Gilbert had shied away from publicly discussing her sexuality, though it was something of an open secret in Hollywood. Now, with The Talk set to focus on the real-life experiences of mothers, she said she feels it’s appropriate to officially come out.
CBS caused a bit of controversy with the show’s official press release, which had no mention of Gilbert’s partner. However, the actress defended the network at this week’s Television Critics Association luncheon, saying the omission was her call.
“I’m going to be discussing my life more, and I felt that the first place I wanted to do it wasn’t in a CBS press release. It just seemed impersonal, and I felt like I’d rather come in person and talk to you about all that stuff here,” she said.
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- PHOTOS: Pride From France to Italy to Greece
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 2 hours 27 min ago
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame June 19 2013 6:51 PM