Angelina: Shiloh Cries for Short Hair
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 08 2010 3:10 PM ET
Angelina Jolie's daughter Shiloh has been known to cry
over having long hair and reportedly asked her mother to have it cut.
Jolie told Grazia magazine she cut Shiloh's hair because she wanted it cut, according to Monsters & Critics.
"I'm not going to leave it long because somebody thinks I should," Jolie said. "I have a very strong-willed four-year-old girl who tells me what she wants to wear and I let her be who she is ... I think people think kids should be a certain way, but I feel they should wear what they feel like wearing and they should express themselves."
In May, Life & Style magazine put the child on its cover, asking, "Why Is Angelina Turning Shiloh Into a Boy?" The accompanying article said Jolie refused to allow her daughter to wear dresses and calls her "John."
Jolie and Brad Pitt together have six children.
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong