Angelina: Shiloh Cries for Short Hair
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 08 2010 3:10 PM ET
Angelina Jolie's daughter Shiloh has been known to cry
over having long hair and reportedly asked her mother to have it cut.
Jolie told Grazia magazine she cut Shiloh's hair because she wanted it cut, according to Monsters & Critics.
"I'm not going to leave it long because somebody thinks I should," Jolie said. "I have a very strong-willed four-year-old girl who tells me what she wants to wear and I let her be who she is ... I think people think kids should be a certain way, but I feel they should wear what they feel like wearing and they should express themselves."
In May, Life & Style magazine put the child on its cover, asking, "Why Is Angelina Turning Shiloh Into a Boy?" The accompanying article said Jolie refused to allow her daughter to wear dresses and calls her "John."
Jolie and Brad Pitt together have six children.
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- This Is How Every Parent Should Respond After Their 13-Year-Old Comes Out
- Op-ed: No One Is Invincible
- Right-Wingers Call Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Film
- After Elimination: Vivacious of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6
- Throwback Thursday: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' 45 min 34 sec ago
- Politics Michigan's First Out Federal Judge Confirmed 1 hour 45 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' 1 hour 54 min ago
- Women This is the Meryl Streep/Hillary Clinton Selfie You Need In Your Life Right Now! 3:14 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on TV 2:27 PM
- Women WATCH: AI's Out Performer MK Nobilette Does 'To Make You Feel My Love' 2:11 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Married British Same-Sex Couples Are Now Legal 1:56 PM