Angelina: Shiloh Cries for Short Hair
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 08 2010 2:10 PM ET
Angelina Jolie's daughter Shiloh has been known to cry
over having long hair and reportedly asked her mother to have it cut.
Jolie told Grazia magazine she cut Shiloh's hair because she wanted it cut, according to Monsters & Critics.
"I'm not going to leave it long because somebody thinks I should," Jolie said. "I have a very strong-willed four-year-old girl who tells me what she wants to wear and I let her be who she is ... I think people think kids should be a certain way, but I feel they should wear what they feel like wearing and they should express themselves."
In May, Life & Style magazine put the child on its cover, asking, "Why Is Angelina Turning Shiloh Into a Boy?" The accompanying article said Jolie refused to allow her daughter to wear dresses and calls her "John."
Jolie and Brad Pitt together have six children.
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died