Eagles Guard Sorry for Antigay Tweet
BY Michelle Garcia
August 11 2010 3:05 PM ET
Philadelphia Eagles guard Todd Herremans apologized Tuesday after he posted a tweet about his love of the HBO show True Blood but his distaste for its use of gay sexuality.
Herremans wrote, "caught up on Trueblood [sic]. Not a fan of how they get u hooked w/2 seasons then bring on a barrage of homosexuality," according to NBC's Philadelphia affiliate.
Shortly after the tweet, Herremans received a call from Eagles head coach Andy Reid. He then issued an apology after removing his original posting.
"After speaking with Eagles management, I realize that my tweet earlier was insensitive and tasteless, and for this, I deeply apologize," he wrote. "It was not my intention to offend or hurt anyone."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert is a Lesbian Stereotype in Flannel and Birkenstocks 30 min 12 sec ago
- Women Lena Dunham Is NOT Amused By Lesbian Porn Parody of Girls 1 hour 11 min ago
- Music Gay Singer-Songwriter Deals with Heartbreak 1 hour 13 min ago
- Politics Obama Nominates Lesbian Attorney for Second EEOC Term 1 hour 14 min ago
- Theater New Play Criticizes Gay Minstrel Roles 1 hour 23 min ago
- Women Shot of the Day: WildFang's Tomboy Line Channels Androgynous Icons 1 hour 33 min ago
- Women WATCH: Real Lesbians Watch and Break Down 'Lesbian' Porn 1 hour 42 min ago