Eagles Guard Sorry for Antigay Tweet
BY Michelle Garcia
August 11 2010 3:05 PM ET
Philadelphia Eagles guard Todd Herremans apologized Tuesday after he posted a tweet about his love of the HBO show True Blood but his distaste for its use of gay sexuality.
Herremans wrote, "caught up on Trueblood [sic]. Not a fan of how they get u hooked w/2 seasons then bring on a barrage of homosexuality," according to NBC's Philadelphia affiliate.
Shortly after the tweet, Herremans received a call from Eagles head coach Andy Reid. He then issued an apology after removing his original posting.
"After speaking with Eagles management, I realize that my tweet earlier was insensitive and tasteless, and for this, I deeply apologize," he wrote. "It was not my intention to offend or hurt anyone."
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Op-ed: The White Party and Gay Culture Need More Color