Eagles Guard Sorry for Antigay Tweet
BY Michelle Garcia
August 11 2010 3:05 PM ET
Philadelphia Eagles guard Todd Herremans apologized Tuesday after he posted a tweet about his love of the HBO show True Blood but his distaste for its use of gay sexuality.
Herremans wrote, "caught up on Trueblood [sic]. Not a fan of how they get u hooked w/2 seasons then bring on a barrage of homosexuality," according to NBC's Philadelphia affiliate.
Shortly after the tweet, Herremans received a call from Eagles head coach Andy Reid. He then issued an apology after removing his original posting.
"After speaking with Eagles management, I realize that my tweet earlier was insensitive and tasteless, and for this, I deeply apologize," he wrote. "It was not my intention to offend or hurt anyone."
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? 2 hours 39 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant March 15 2014 11:57 AM