Eagles Guard Sorry for Antigay Tweet
BY Michelle Garcia
August 11 2010 3:05 PM ET
Philadelphia Eagles guard Todd Herremans apologized Tuesday after he posted a tweet about his love of the HBO show True Blood but his distaste for its use of gay sexuality.
Herremans wrote, "caught up on Trueblood [sic]. Not a fan of how they get u hooked w/2 seasons then bring on a barrage of homosexuality," according to NBC's Philadelphia affiliate.
Shortly after the tweet, Herremans received a call from Eagles head coach Andy Reid. He then issued an apology after removing his original posting.
"After speaking with Eagles management, I realize that my tweet earlier was insensitive and tasteless, and for this, I deeply apologize," he wrote. "It was not my intention to offend or hurt anyone."
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Beautiful Mind Mathematician John Nash Dies in Car Crash
- 6 Last-Minute Exercises for the Perfect Gay Beach Bod
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida