BY Advocate.com Editors
August 15 2010 11:20 AM ET
Last month, 90210 producers teased fans with the promise that one of the three male characters pictured here would be coming out in the fall. Now, television website Zap2it.com claims to know which one it is.
SPOILER ALERT: According to Zap2it, Teddy (played by Trevor Donovan, pictured at left) is the male character coming out in season three. It will be the first major gay character on the reboot of the popular 90’s primetime soap.
Producers previously confirmed the gay character would be Navid (Michael Steger, right), Liam (Matt Lanter, center) or Teddy. At the end of the last season, Teddy got back together with his on again, off again girlfriend Silver (Jessica Stroup).
"I would be flattered if [it was me]," Donavan told reporters last month. "What a great chance to use your acting chops a little bit to dive into a different kind of character. That is why we do this."
Earlier this month, Entertainment Weekly reported Kyle Riabko (Broadway’s Spring Awakening and Hair) had joined the cast as a love interest for the gay character. Zap2it says Riabko and Donovan began rehearsing last week.
Producers for 90210 declined to comment.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- PHOTOS: Historic Day for Marriage in Ireland