BY Advocate.com Editors
August 21 2010 4:00 PM ET
The editors of Zap2it.com asked their readers if the HBO series True Blood, which recently introduced many same-sex plot lines, has gone too gay.
The question was posed in response to Philadelphia Eagles player Todd Herremans tweeting a complaint last week regarding the show's "barrage of homosexuality"; he later apologized.
Many Zap2it readers felt strongly about the issue, with one commenter writing, ""No I do not believe it is possible to be both homophobic and a fan of the show ... Going back to Todd Herremans' comment on twitter, it just goes to show that watching True Blood does take an open mind, homophobes will get very uncomfortable because of there ignorance and intolerance."
Click here for the full story.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 53 min 13 sec ago
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 1 hour 33 min ago
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality May 20 2013 7:00 PM
- Law Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay May 20 2013 6:48 PM