Oprah’s Chef Art Smith Gets Hitched
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 25 2010 5:30 PM ET
Art Smith (pictured, right), the award-winning chef who worked in Oprah's kitchen for 10 years, tied the knot with his longtime partner, Jesus Salgueiro, Saturday after dragging guests on a four-mile run through Washington, D.C., to the Lincoln Memorial.
"We had the runners, the joggers, the walkers," Smith told People magazine. "We had sweat on our shirts but nobody cared because it was beautiful."
Smith, Salgueiro, and 485 guests ran from Smith's D.C. restaurant Art and Soul to the base of the memorial, where the grooms shared a marriage blessing.
“It was this big gay wedding,” he said. "But it was a wedding made up our friends from all over the world."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder May 24 2013 6:27 PM