First In-Flight Same-Sex Wedding Planned
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 07 2010 9:40 AM ET
Swedish airline SAS plans to host the first same-sex wedding ever to be held in the air, with a ceremony scheduled for December on a flight from Stockholm to New York.
According to the New York Daily News, the airline is still looking for a couple that would be married in Swedish territory, where same-sex marriage is legal. The winners will be selected by online vote.
“Besides getting a free flight, the couple will receive three nights at the W Hotel in New York and a honeymoon in Los Angeles,” reported the Daily News. “The couple will forgo packets of peanuts for a special wedding buffet during the flight.”
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 2 hours 20 min ago
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 1:01 PM
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM